2 Roots of Deep Hatred: The Vatican and Qur'an (2/3)
2 Roots of Deep Hatred:
The Vatican and Qur'an (2/3)
Written by Prof. Zainab Abdel Aziz
Professor Emerita of French Civilization
2- The Noble Qur'an and Deification of Jesus
The deification of Jesus represents the barrier that cannot be crossed or skipped which separates Christians and Muslims. Whoever says "Deifying Jesus" is indicating the synonym "Trinity" at the same time. The two cannot be separated since they both represent an expression of one dogma. Before we discuss what the Noble Qur'an says about this "immense blasphemy", it is necessary to shed light on this dogma which has not stopped until this very day from causing separations and reactions among the followers of Christianity and her institutions. This leads to the saying that when a dogma, from the start of its formation two thousand years ago, is not able to convince everybody to follow her or it causes a number of battles to the extent of assassinations, then it means there is something the mind cannot accept.
No one is unaware that the word "Trinity" is not mentioned in the New Testament, or in the texts of the group of early Christians. The Greek word «trias», which means "three" in relation to the three divine persons, had appeared for the first time in the year 180, i.e. after the writing of the gospels. Father Tertullian (150-220) is the one who introduced the word "Trinity," after nearly two centuries of the alleged crucifixion. As for the idea of the deification of Jesus, it appeared at the end of the first century, in the texts attributed to the apostle John, who made Jesus the "Word of God" when he said: "At the beginning, it was the Word, the Word was with God, and God was the Word".. This phrase played a major role in the establishment of this doctrine and the place it occupies in the Christian tradition, although the linguistic and logic analysis of the phrase ousts its credibility.
It must be noted that the message of monotheism, since the beginning, has completely separated between the Lord and slave: "Hear, O Israel the Lord our God is one Lord" (Deuteronomy 6: 4). It also explicitly distinguishes between Jesus in more than ten sentences and God Almighty. The problems and battles have started since the first moments of the distortion of the transcendence of God and the bewildering determination to impose something else... It is well known that in the first Council of Nicaea (325), which imposed the doctrine of deification, there were 130 different doctrines in Christianity!
Dictionnaire Critique de théologie (The Critical Dictionary of Theology) tries to explain that: "The Trinity is the secret of one God in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Their unity is recognized in one nature, one substance, or one entity," while Petit Dictionnaire de théologie catholique (the Small Dictionary of Catholic Theology) adds: "It is a secret that can only be known through revelation, and even the revelation cannot be comprehended by the creature's mind!" That means any person who did not receive the invisible revelation will not understand!!
The lists of Anti-Trinitarians are extended and they are far from being reduced in few lines. Presbyter Arius lived in the fourth century. He was condemned by the First Council of Nicaea (325), and he was accused of heresy, because he insisted on explaining the difference between the Son and the Father. His line of thought, denying the deification of Jesus, is widely known and is still standing, it also gave rise to several other currents that reject the deification of Jesus such as the Unitarian Church, the Church of God, Christian Science, the Christadelphians, the Worldwide Church of God, certain groups of Adventists, the Antoinists, Jehovah's Witnesses and the Association of Students of the Bible etc.. Not to mention the Dutch Church which eliminated the Trinity altogether form its ecclesiastical heritage in 1966 because it is "incomprehensible". ..
In an attempt to impose what is not accepted by the mind of every human that uses logic, St. Augustine spent sixteen years of his life, from the year 400 to 416, to write a research composed of 15 volumes explaining the dogma of the Trinity… Despite all these volumes and many series of writings, the battle of affirming Jesus as the Son of God was the most important and longest battle which took place in the eighth century between the Roman Church and the Greek Church ending with the Great Schism in 1054. This led to the separation between the Catholic Church and the Orthodox Church, as both of them wants to determine from whom the Holy Spirit emanates, from God or from Jesus!
It is pointless to know the great number of victims of different Churches due to these battles along the path of this falsification. It is enough though to jump to the sixteenth century and mention the example of Michael Servetus, the Spanish theologian and physician born in 1511. He was burned alive on October 27, 1553 in Geneva. He died at the stake by the Inquisition by order of the Grand Council of Geneva, because he refused the dogma of Trinity, which "appears nowhere in the Bible and is the result of false teachings of the Greek philosophers ". Only God knows the number of victims as a result of this deception over the centuries.
Before we discuss what the Noble Qur'an says, which is the revealed divine evidence against this distortion, we make it clear that the Qur'an contains 6236 verses, a third of these verses, or about 2078 verses, deal with the People of the Scripture, disbelief, polytheism, Trinity and distortion etc.. This means that the following verses are just examples among many other ones:
* "And they say, 'The Most Merciful has taken [for Himself] a son.' You have done an atrocious thing. The heavens almost rupture therefrom and the earth splits open and the mountains collapse in devastation. That they attribute to the Most Merciful a son. And it is not appropriate for the Most Merciful that He should take a son." (Maryam: 88-92)
* "…And he who associates with Allah - it is as though he had fallen from the sky and was snatched by the birds or the wind carried him down into a remote place." (Al-Hajj: 31)
* "They have certainly disbelieved who say that Allah is Christ, the son of Mary…" (Al-Ma'idah: 17)
* "They have certainly disbelieved who say, 'Allah is the third of three'...." (Al-Mai'dah: 73)
* "And they have attributed to Allah equals to mislead [people] from His way…" (Ibrahim: 30)
* "The Messiah, son of Mary, was not but a messenger; [other] messengers have passed on before him. And his mother was a supporter of truth. They both used to eat food. Look how We make clear to them the signs; then look how they are deluded." (Al-Ma'idah: 75)
* "And to warn those who say, 'Allah has taken a son.' They have no knowledge of it, nor had their fathers. Grave is the word that comes out of their mouths; they speak not except a lie." (Al-Kahf: 4-5)
* "[Jesus] said, "Indeed, I am the servant of Allah. He has given me the Scripture and made me a prophet." (Maryam: 30)
It is important to directly mention what Jesus or the gospels say because the dogmas that were interweaved in the councils which put Jesus on equal footing with God are refuted in the next sentences:
* "Lord, said the woman, I see that you are Prophet" (John 4: 19);
* "When these people saw the miracle that Jesus made, they said: this is indeed the prophet who would come into the world." (John 6: 14(;
* "Everybody was afraid, and they glorified God saying: a great prophet has appeared among us, and God has visited his people" (Luke 7: 16);
* "He asked them: What is it? They said: It is about Jesus of Nazareth, who was a prophet mighty in deed and word before God and all the people." (Luke 24: 19);
* "When he entered Jerusalem, the whole city throbbed and said: Who is this? The masses said: This is Jesus the prophet from Nazareth of Galilee." (Matt. 21: 10-11);
* "In the crowds, many who heard these words, said:" This is truly the prophet." (John 7: 40(
Needless to say that this epithet "prophet" mentioned in all gospels proves that it was the general prevailing idea that the people had about this great Messenger of God. Moreover, Jesus, like all prophets, said in the Qur'an that he was making miracles by the Will of God and not by any magic or anything else:
* "And [make him] a messenger to the Children of Israel, [who will say], 'Indeed I have come to you with a sign from your Lord in that I design for you from clay [that which is] like the form of a bird, then I breathe into it and it becomes a bird by permission of Allah. And I cure the blind and the leper, and I give life to the dead - by permission of Allah. And I inform you of what you eat and what you store in your houses. Indeed in that is a sign for you, if you are believers." (Al-Imran: 49)
The precision of his message and the actions he made by the Will of God are mentioned in Surat al-Ma'idah, verse 110. However, the gospels do not say anything contradictory:
* "Men of Israel, listen to this: Jesus of Nazareth was a man accredited by God to you by miracles, wonders and signs, which God did among you through him, as you yourselves know.."(Acts 2: 22 (
Can anybody be more specific? Indeed, Jesus, the human and great Prophet performed miracles and great works by the Will of God Almighty and according to God's wish. There is nothing like Him, The Almighty Creator of heavens and earth.
As for the human nature of Jesus, he himself says:
* "But now you seek to kill me, a man that has told you the truth, which I have heard from God. This did not Abraham…" (John 8:40).
It is embarrassing to say that all the history of the church is based on enormous quantity of myths that put it into direct contradiction with the texts. The church canceled the words of the texts to affirm its heritage and ambition to evangelize the world to maintain its authority. It expels and deprives all those who do not accept its beliefs which are alien to the Bible, so as to facilitate the process of attracting new followers… How many commandments and teachings has the church changed, not to mention for example: the cancellation of circumcision, which God wants as an eternal covenant; the imposition of the Trinity as a prevailing concept in many ancient civilizations; the cancellation of the second commandment of the Decalogue and the introduction of the heresy of worshiping icons to impose the distortion that the church was doing through art and make it the "Bible for the illiterate" (according to the decision of the Second Council of Nicaea 787)!!
In his interesting book le Procès du Christianisme (The Trial of Christianity) (1933), Charles Vaudet almost sums up all the objections of the Qur'an and sees the current Christianity as a scam against people "it aims by the hypocrisy and deceit to achieve her plan for world domination". He clarifies how the Church has grown by lies: falsifying the texts; by fear: threatening those who refused to obey it; by violence: the Crusades, religious wars, the St. Bartholomew massacre, assassinations, the White Terror and the wars it has fomented among peoples and by fortune: using the most heinous means to monopolize public and private wealth.
This is why Qur'an says:
* "Indeed, Allah does not forgive association with Him, but He forgives what is less than that for whom He wills. And he who associates others with Allah has certainly fabricated a tremendous sin." (Al-Nisa': 48)
In order to put an end to all this distortion, massacres and battles and provide a logical solution, the Holy Quran offers to us what to do to get out of this problem and lie that spanned over twenty centuries about the human God, the complete and incomplete, the created and non-created, the ignorant and knowing, the forgiver and is non-forgiver etc... Because it is a shame for humanity to bend all over those centuries for such tremendous amount of lies, Almighty Allah says:
* "Say, 'O People of the Scripture, come to a word that is equitable between us and you - that we will not worship except Allah and not associate anything with Him and not take one another as lords instead of Allah .' But if they turn away, then say, 'Bear witness that we are Muslims [submitting to Him].'" (Al-Ma'idah: 64)
Being Muslim means to totally submit to God with full contentment and confidence in God's will. The clarity of the teachings of Islam which have been preserved since they were revealed by God Almighty to the present day and until the Day of Judgment does not include any deception imposed by darkness. Islam does not have mediation between man and his Lord, nor a history that was changed, redrafted, retuned or distorted. It does not have a savior, redeemer or an interwoven and fabricated mediation! Islam has nothing of these priestly superstitions. It has nothing but a clear choice between good and evil, between the permissible and prohibited and between the straight path, which was explained clearly, and the crooked twisting one. It is a continuous choice carried out by every Muslim that puts him before the Creator alone with nothing but his deeds which he has chosen by his own free will to be held accountable in the Final Day. That is Islam.
The Vatican has refused the hand offered in the verse, preferred to maintain the distortion and issued a decree by its Second Ecumenical Council in 1965 to evangelize the world. Yet, this unjust decree began with an abridged statement saying: "Send the Gospel to all the people"… Just surf the websites of the Vatican or the many Christian sites to see how much disgusting and degrading hatred through which they urge their followers to contribute to the battle they are preparing for!
To all those distorters and infidel forgers throughout a history of twenty centuries, we say that there are verses in the Holy Quran addressed to the believers and they can help them see better instead of mobilizing all their followers by fraud and deception and fueling a hatred that will only eat her agitators:
* "A faction of the people of the Scripture wish they could mislead you. But they do not mislead except themselves, and they perceive [it] not." (Al-Imran: 69)
* "Say, 'O People of the Scripture, why do you avert from the way of Allah those who believe, seeking to make it [seem] deviant, while you are witnesses [to the truth]? And Allah is not unaware of what you do.'" (Al-Imran: 99)
* "Say, 'O People of the Scripture, do you resent us except [for the fact] that we have believed in Allah and what was revealed to us and what was revealed before and because most of you are defiantly disobedient?'" (Al-Ma'idah: 59)
* "They want to extinguish the light of Allah with their mouths, but Allah refuses except to perfect His light, although the disbelievers dislike it." (At-Tawbah: 32)